Leave a Legacy
Join the Bob Mecum Legacy Society. The society was created to honor Lighthouse’s former CEO, Bob Mecum, who served the organization for over 40 years. By making a planned gift you can become a member of the society and make a lasting impact on the lives of children, youth, and families in our community.
Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit us after your lifetime, there are charitable plans that let you provide for your family and support Lighthouse.
- Bequest: Leave a bequest in your will or trust. This is the most frequently used planned gift and is fully deductible for estate tax purposes. You may indicate a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate.
- Retirement Plan: Designate Lighthouse as the beneficiary of your IRA or 401(k) to easily make a lasting gift without updating your will. You may stipulate a specific amount or a percentage of a retirement account to go to Lighthouse.
- Life Insurance: Name Lighthouse as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy or transfer ownership of an existing policy to Lighthouse.
- Life Income Gifts: Charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts offer an immediate income tax deduction and lifetime income payments. If your gift is funded with appreciated securities or real estate, you may also avoid capital gains taxes.
- Charitable Lead Trust: A charitable lead trust is both an income and wealth transfer vehicle, enabling you to transfer income-producing assets at minimal or no transfer-tax cost. The gifts will be immediately available to Lighthouse.
What will your legacy be?
Please contact VP, Development & Grants, Jessica Wabler, to explore these and other options: 513-487-7101 or email@example.com.
** Lighthouse Youth Services’ programs are supported by the Lighthouse Beacon for Youth Foundation. The full, legal name is “Lighthouse Beacon for Youth Foundation, Inc.” and should be used in planned gifts; its federal tax identification number is 30-0196366.