Opinion: Children’s Services Levy would keep families together, children safe
The Hamilton County Children’s Services Levy will be on the ballot this November. This levy funds critical services to ensure the safety, permanency, and well-being of children in our community, including:
- Operation of 241-KIDS, a 24-hour hotline to report abuse and neglect.
- Investigating allegations of abuse, neglect, and dependency. When significant risk exists, forwarding case to provide ongoing services.
- Providing services so children can remain safely in the home, including substance abuse and mental health assessment and treatment, emergency housing, parenting training, and domestic violence programs.
- When necessary for safety, placing children in temporary care with relatives, foster care, or in institutional settings.
- Seeking protective, temporary or permanent custody through court.
- Supplying medical aid and food assistance.
- Arranging kinship care, foster care, and adoption.
- Providing pre- and post-adoption services.
- Teaching older teens independent living skills.
The Children’s Services Levy is critical to ensuring the safety, permanency, and well being of our community’s most vulnerable children. Please join Lighthouse in supporting the Hamilton County Children’s Services Levy this fall.