Lighthouse Youth & Family Services
Mission: Empower young people and families to succeed through a continuum of care that promotes healing and growth.
Lighthouse Youth & Family Services serves 5,000 families and youth in crisis each year. The agency provides a continuum of care through services dedicated to meeting individual needs and providing the best services, including:
- Maintaining the area’s only 24-hour emergency shelter for teens.
- Providing in-home therapy for at-risk families.
- Meeting educational needs with two charter schools.
- Housing more than 300 youth in group homes and supervised apartments.
- Therapeutic group homes for youth ages 11-18 in the child welfare system who haven’t done well in other settings.
- Services targeting youth who are in the juvenile justice system or at risk of involvement including; residential treatment for serious juvenile felony offenders, therapy, vocational training and reentry services.
- Emergency housing and case management for older homeless youth, ages 18-24. The shelter is also a daytime drop-in center which provides a meal, showers, and access to computers and laundry facilities. Street outreach workers canvass the city to identify and assist youth who are homeless.
- Early childhood services including two voluntary programs designed to ensure children begin school with a strong and healthy start. Staff members support parent-child interaction and connect families with the resources they need.
Lighthouse Youth & Family Services logo