The educational goal of Lighthouse Community School is to enable each student to master basic skills in reading, writing, math, spelling, social studies and science.
The objectives of our educational program are:
- To foster academic performance and overcome student deficiencies particularly concerning reading, mathematics and citizenship
- To provide students with independent living, life and social skills
- In a drop out recovery program serve students who are no younger than 16 or older than 21 at time of enrollment who are at least one grade level behind their cohort age groups
- To serve students between the ages of 11 to 22 that experience crises that significantly interfere with their academic progress in a traditional school setting
- To serve as a support to students between the ages of 11 to 22 as they receive services from multiple systems, i.e., child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice and other community-based services