LGBTQ Cultural Competency Training
Lighthouse offers LGBTQ cultural competency training designed to increase knowledge and skills to improve the ability to effectively interact with LGBTQ people as well as support and provide affirming care. The training sessions can be customized to meet your specific training needs.
Training Goals and Objectives
- Explore personal values regarding LGBTQ people and learn to balance personal beliefs with professional responsibilities.
- Identify issues of risk, challenges and strengths specific to LGBTQ people, their families, other caregivers, and service delivery systems.
- Develop an action plan that will develop or enhance professional and agency cultural competency.
- Increase competence in discussing sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Help families and caregivers adapt and adjust to young people’s sexual orientation and gender identity.
- To identify affirmative interventions and community resources for LGBTQ people, their families, other caregivers and service providers.
To request more information or to schedule a training session, please contact Shari Ketzer, firstname.lastname@example.org.